For everyone’s joy and amusement, Intel Ivy Bridge programming manuals are now available at the intellinuxgraphics.org site.
This time, the documentation is split across 4 volumes, and consists of 17 pdf files. Comparing with last year’s Sandy Bridge documentation release, there is 1 additional part focused specifically on L3 cache and URB, a specific section about GT interface programming, another part covering multi-format transcoder, a new section specifically for PCI registers and one additional section focused on execution units details.
For the ones of you not feeling like clicking on the very first link in this post, these are the contents of this documentation release:
- Volume 1 Part 1: Graphics Core
- Volume 1 Part 2: Graphics Core – MMIO, Media Registers & Programming Environment
- Volume 1 Part 3: Graphics Core – Memory Interface and Commands for the Render Engine
- Volume 1 Part 4: Graphics Core – Blitter Engine
- Volume 1 Part 5: Graphics Core – Video Codec Engine Command Streamer
- Volume 1 Part 6: GT Interface Register
- Volume 1 Part 7: L3$/URB
- Volume 2 Part 1: 3D/Media – 3D Pipeline
- Volume 2 Part 2: Media and General Purpose Pipeline
- Volume 2 Part 3: Multi-Format Transcoder – MFX
- Volume 3 Part 1: VGA and Extended VGA Registers
- Volume 3 Part 2: PCI Registers
- Volume 3 Part 3: North Display Engine
- Volume 3 Part 4: South Display Engine
- Volume 4 Part 1: Subsystem and Cores – Shared Functions
- Volume 4 Part 2: Subsystem and Cores – Message Gateway, URB, Video Motion Estimation, Pixel Interpolator
- Volume 4 Part 3: Execution Unit ISA
If you always wanted to understand the internals of a GPU, learn about the amazing world of MMIO registers programming and have control over your GPU, this is your chance .