This is the personal web page of Evgueni (Eugeni) Dodonov.
On this site, I tried to collect everything that is somehow related to me. However, in the modern world, it is hard to collect everything over the Internet. So, if you really think there is something related to me that it is not here, you may want to take a look on my full online resume (or its PDF version), LATTES CV, DBLP entry, or try this google search.
Biography and about me
I was born in Moscow, Russia, on April 2, 1981. I lived in Mexico for one year in 1994, and since 1996 I'm living in Brazil (more specifically, in São Carlos, São Paulo state). I graduated in Computer Science course, at UFSCar university, and did my Master degree there as well. I recently finished my PhD at USP university.
I worked at MStech from 2003 to 2008, working with Linux programming and deployment, networks, consulting and general impossible mission solving :).
I also worked at Microsoft for 3 months in 2007, working with NTFS team. While I was there, I proposed and implemented new directory block pre-allocation mechanism for NTFS, which is now available on all Windows versions as far as I know :).
Right now I am working at Mandriva, mostly with development and security-related issues.
Besides computing, I am also a musician, studying clarinet since I was 6 years old; and trumpet and flugelhorn since 1996. I also like martial arts - I hold green belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I have 6 years of Muay Thai experience. I also like sky diving.
My interests are quite variable - I like reading, sometimes I waste a few days playing computer games, and hardly spend a day without listening to some kind of music (varying from classical to heavy metal).
I also enjoy taking nature photos and occasionally I post something to my BLOG. I also like social networks, usually posting anything that I find interesting to my del.icio.us profile. And from time to time I post something on my YouTube account.
My favorite football team is Corinthians.
My current research interests are:
- Filesystem design and implementation
- Autonomic computing
- Semantic web
- Parallel and distributed environments
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Process scheduling
- Neural networks
Besides that, I am interested in developing/research about Linux, Python, GPGPU programming and high performance algorithms.
I have the following publications (this is mostly accurate as of 07/2009):
- DODONOV, E.; MELLO, R. F. A Novel Approach for Distributed Application Scheduling Based on Prediction of Communication Events. In: Future Generation Computing Systems, 2009. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j/future/2009.05.004
- MELLO, R. F.; DODONOV, E.; BERTAGNA, R.; SENGER, L. J. Extracting and predicting the communication behaviour of parallel applications. International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, v. 24(3), 2009.
- MELLO, R. F.; GOULARTE, R.; DODONOV, E.; YANG, L. T.; PARK, J. H., KIM, T.-H. On modeling and evaluating multicomputer transcoding architectures for live-video streams. In: Multimedia Tools and Applications, v. 43(2), 2009.
- DODONOV, A.; DODONOV, E.; DODONOV, V. Photon Generation from Vacuum in Nondegenerate Cavities with Regular and Random Periodic Displacements of Boundaries. Physics Letters A 317 (2003) 378-388, 2003.
- DODONOV, E.; YANG, L. T.; MELLO, R. F. On Application Behavior Extraction and Prediction to Support and Improve Process Scheduling Decisions. In: Kuan-Ching Li; Ching-Hsien Hsu; Laurence Tianruo Yang; Jack Dongarra; Hans Zima. (Org.). Handbook of Research on Scalable Computing Technologies. 1 ed. Hershey, EUA: IGI Global, 2009 (to appear).
- REZENDE, E.; DODONOV, E.; ULSON, R.; CAVENAGHI, M.; LOBATO, R. Towards Interoperability in P2P World: An Indexing Middleware for Multi-protocol Peer-to-Peer Data Sharing. Internet and Web Applications and Services, Forth International Conference on, 2009 pp. 102-105.
- ANDRADE FILHO, J. A.; MELLO, R. F.; DODONOV, E.; SENGER, L. J.; YANG, L. T.; LI, K.-C. Toward an Efficient Middleware for Multithreaded Applications in Computational Grid. In: IEEE 11th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2008, São Paulo. IEEE 11th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering. San Jose, California : IEEE Computer Press, 2008. v. 1. p. 1-8. (outstanding paper award).
- GOULARTE, R.; MELLO, R. F.; DODONOV, E.; YANG, L. T. A Model to Estimate Transcoding Costs Applyed in Live-Video Transmissions. In: The 2007 International Conference on Intelligent Pervasive Computing, 2007, Jeju Island. p. 1-8.
- DODONOV, E.; MELLO, R. F. A Model for Automatic online Process Behavior Extraction, Classification and Prediction in Heterogeneous Distributed Systems. In: The First IEEE TCSC Doctoral Symposium, 2007, Rio de Janeiro. Proceedings on the 7th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid. Rio de Janeiro : IEEE Computer Society, 2007. v. 1. p. 1-7.
- MELLO, R. F.; ANDRADE FILHO, J. A.; DODONOV, E.; LI, K.-C.; YANG, L. T. Supporting the Transparent Execution of High Performance Applications on Grids. In: IEEE TENCON, 2007, Taipei. IEEE TENCON, 2007. p. 1-4.
- MELLO, R. F.; ANDRADE FILHO, J. A.; DODONOV, E.; ISHII, R. P.; YANG, L. T. Optimizing distributed data access in Grid environments by using artificial intelligence techniques. In: The Fifth International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing and Applications, 2007, Niagara Falls. Proceedings on The Fifth International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing and Applications, 2007. v. 1. p. 1-12.
- DODONOV, E.; MELLO, R. F.; YANG, L. T. Adaptive Technique for Automatic Communication Access Pattern Discovery Applied to Data Prefetching in Distributed Applications Using Neural Networks and Stochastic Models. In: 4th International Symposium Parallel and Distributed Processing and Applications, 2006, Sorrento. Parallel and Distributed Processing and Applications. Berlin : Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2006. v. 4330. p. 292-303.
- DODONOV, E.; MELLO, R. F.; YANG, L. T. A Network Evaluation for LAN, MAN and WAN Grid Environments. In: The 2005 IFIP International Conference on Embedded And Ubiquitous Computing (EUC'2005), 2005, Nagasaki. The 2005 IFIP International Conference on Embedded And Ubiquitous Computing (EUC'2005), 2005. v. 1. p. 1133-1146.
- DODONOV, E.; ZORZATTO, J.; QUAINI, J., GUARDIA, H. Grid Security: the Host Approach. III WORKSHOP ON COMPUTATIONAL GRIDS AND APPLICATIONS - WCGA05 SUMMER PROGRAM LNCC, Petropolis, Brazil, 2005.
- ZORZATTO, J.; DODONOV, E.; QUAINI, J.; GUARDIA, H. ProGrid Portal: Integrated Management ans Security for Users, Resources and Applications. In: 4th International Information and Telecommunication Technologies Symposium, 2005, Florianópolis, Brazil.
- DODONOV, E.; QUAINI, J.; GUARDIA, H. GridBox: Securing Hosts from Malicious and Greedy Applications. Middleware for Grid Computing 2004, Toronto, Canada.
- DODONOV, E.; GUARDIA, H. An Architecture for Integrated Caching and Prefetching Mechanisms for Distributed Parallel File Systems. in proceedings CLEI 2002, Montevideo, Uruguai.
- DODONOV, E.; MELLO, R.F. Estudo sobre abordagens de extração, classificação e predição de comportamento de processos. Relatório técnico, 100 p., ICMC/USP, São Carlos, Brazil, 2008.
- DODONOV, E. A evolução da WEB e WEB 2.0. TIC – revista de tecnologia de Informação e Convergência Digital (electronic publication), 2007.